The Lelo Iris is the perfect vibrator for someone who likes a little more girth to their toys. Known as their “large” sized vibrator, it’s one of their more easily recognizable toys. The distinct petal design that transfers vibrations to perfection is hard to miss and represents the beauty that Lelo is known for creating. It comes in a few different colors, and tends to be one of the favorites when it comes to older style Lelo toys. Power, girth, and quality are three things that set this toy apart from it’s competitors.
The Iris is going to have more of a lower grumbly vibration. Two motors give you multiple points of stimulation in the vagina. This allows the vibration to massage more nerve endings at once. It starts off at a very low setting that is perfect for even those of us that are a little more sensitive. It gets decently intense, but nearly as intense as the newer models they have been putting out. If you need a lot of strong stimulation to have an orgasm, but like this girth, check out the Lelo Mona Wave. It has similar girth, moves back and forth to put pressure on the g-spot, but will be way more powerful. If you like lower vibration settings, but also like it to get a little more intense, keep reading!
8 different vibration setting will keep you on your toes. This gives you more options when using it. Whether you want to tease yourself for a little bit, or you want to just go straight in with the stronger vibrations. I’ve heard the wave is a really popular setting if you want to drive yourself crazy. The thing that I love about Lelo is that the vibration strength can be adjusted while using every one of the 8 settings. So, if you really love a setting but can’t take it with the strong vibration, you can keep it at a nice low vibration. If you need a certain setting to be really strong to get you there, you can ramp up the intensity.
Controls & Rechargeable
The settings are extremely easy to figure out. The (+) button turns your vibe on, and also increases the vibration. The (-) button turns the vibrations down, and will turn it off when finished. The top and bottom buttons will control the 8 different modes to choose from.
The only bummer I’ve heard about the controls is that you have to be careful when using it if you want to change the setting or strength. If you accidentally two buttons at the same time it will just turn off. For example: if you hit the (+) button, and the top button at the same time while using it, it will just turn off. Do that while almost to orgasm and you will be so frustrated. Apart from that the controls work well, and the small interface is easy enough to work with.
It’s also rechargeable – so you no longer have to worry about batteries. There is a tiny rubber stopper that sits on the bottom of the vibrator, underneath it will be where you will plug it in to charge. When charging for the first time give it about a 6 hour charge, then take it off of the charger. Every time after that initial charge – only 2 to 3 hours then take it off the charger.
Do not leave it sitting on the charger all the time – otherwise it will start relying on the charge. Once that happens it just starts dying faster and faster until it no longer works. When fully charged it should work up to 3-4 hours. It also holds a full charge for up to 90 days, which is when it will die, and need to be charged up once again before use.
It’s made from body-safe high quality silicone to keep it extremely sanitary, and easy to clean. It’s important to keep in mind while cleaning that the Lelo Iris is NOT waterproof. I’d say it’s splash proof, but definitely don’t completely submerge it under water. When cleaning use a toy cleaner – I suggest Jo Toy Cleaner. It’s a foaming anti-bacterial, alcohol-free cleanser that will get into all the little nooks and grooves of your toy.
Take a little water and get your vibrator a little wet where it’s dirty. Try to steer clear of the small hole that’s usually covered by the rubber stopper. That is where you will charge your toy, and you want to do your best to keep that dry. One to two pumps of the cleanser is all you need to massage into your toy, than rinse off and let it air dry. You don’t want particles all over it from drying it with a towel, otherwise you’d have to wash it all over again.
- Lelo’s large sized vibrator. Great for women who like their vibes a little thicker than average.
- Two motors – one at tip and one at the base. Giving you two different spots inside the vagina with consistent strong vibration to massage into each nerve ending.
- Size: 8.7 x 1.7 x 1.4 inches, Diameter: 1.5″, Insertible Length: 5.1″ Weight: 6 oz
- Important to remember this toy is NOT waterproof. It can be washed in the sink to make sanitary, but be careful. Do your best to keep the water away from going inside where it charges. I’d say it’s splash proof at best.
- The strength can be increased or decreased during each setting. Something Lelo really exceeds in to ensure each customer gets to enjoy all the settings, no matter the sensitivity.
- The power starts with a surreal low setting and gets decently strong.
- Not the most powerful vibrator out there. If you’re using a Hitachi Magic Wand I wouldn’t suggest trying this toy, but if you’re into a little less stimulation give it a try.
- Quiet. Whether you have room mates, still living with your parents, etc. – extremely quiet.
- The petals give more texture creating a different experience than some of your other smooth toys. While using the vibrator you will feel every little ridge from the petals, making it very exciting for those of you who need a little extra stimuation.
- Rechargeable! It seems like there aren’t a ton of things these days that use standard batteries, so why should vibrators be any different. Plugs into the wall to charge – this gives you more power, longer lasting, and less batteries to throw in a landfill at the end of the day.
- Made with extremely high quality silicone material. Body-safe – much more sanitary, and easy to clean.
- Since it’s a little thicker you hit more surface area while using to massage all the nerve endings inside the vagina.
- Petals give this toy a more discreet and classy look.
Although I wouldn’t call the Lelo Iris one of the girthiest vibrators around compared to some of the other brands, it does have a decent thickness to it. If you’re looking to replace your Fun Factory Big Boss, this is not the toy for you. While it’s known as Lelo’s large style vibrator, it’s not the largest around by any means. The diameter is 1.5″, it has 5.1″ of insertible length, and is very lightweight. If you’re using an average, or slightly larger vibrator, this size is great for giving you a nice full feeling.
If you’ve used Lelo before you would understand why they call it their larger size. I love Lelo for the fact that they work more on the shapes that are going to help women get there faster. Putting an effort towards a more pleasurable outcome, and less on being just the absolute biggest. The Iris is perfect for someone looking for decent power, a little bit on the thicker side, and more texture to their toys.
The lower vibration settings make this a great toy for even those who are a little more sensitive. It’s a little bit on the pricier side, but nicer toys like this usually are. At least you know you’re getting a high quality product, from a great company that you can trust to take care of you. I hate to say it, but in an industry like this – you get what you pay for.