Intimacy toys have been around for quite some time, so the variety thereof is impressive to say the least. In fact, the sheer number of options on today’s market can be overwhelming, especially for people who aren’t privy of the latest and greatest sex toys available. Among the plethora of selections is the LELO SONA Cruise, a sonic clitoral massager that’s been developed by one of the most well-known brands in the industry.
While the design of the of the toy being reviewed here has its flaws, the overall appeal is garnering plenty of attention with men and women who are looking for something new. Operating in a revolutionary way by using suction power instead of traditional vibration, the LELO SONA Cruise is the first of its kind and will likely undergo plenty of improvements in the coming years. For the time being, however, fans of exclusive sex toys have their interest piqued for several good reasons while simultaneously begging the question, “What will they come up with next?”
What Is the LELO SONA Cruise?
As a world-first exclusive sex toy, the LELO SONA Cruise is like nothing else on the market today. It’s a highly unique massager, featuring a scientifically designed operating system and efficient ergonomics. Made for either individual pleasure or couple’s play, this compact toy can provide a more intense sensation than the traditional clitoral massager due to its use of sonic pulses.
Unlike most women’s toys available, the Cruise allows for zero contact with the vagina, making it superbly hygienic while not sacrificing any of its power or effectiveness. Able to target the entire clitoral area instead of just a specific spot, setting a new precedence by redefining the self-pleasure arena in numerous ways.
The Main Features
The LELO brand has long been known for producing high-quality sex toys for both men and women. Their willingness to combine industry-standard manufacturing with groundbreaking technology has lead to the development of the SONA Cruise sonic clitoral massager – a sex toy with unlikely features that are still user-friendly for the most part. However, while the general functionality is certainly one-of-a-kind, it may or may not be too much to fathom for the traditional sex toy lovers.
As mentioned, this toy utilizes the power of suction to generate a more intense and targeted sensation. Moreover, that intensity is then more easily distributed throughout the entire clitoral zone, offering increased stimulation to the nerve endings in the vagina.
Due to its strategic design and perfected functionality, the effectiveness of the features of the device is thereby improved exponentially, albeit quite similar to the functionality of traditional toys otherwise.
With advanced features such as a fully rechargeable lithium polymer battery and a waterproof silicone casing, the SONA offers a pleasurable combination of convenience and durability. The “cruise control” capability allows for a choice between contact-free operation and on-target stimulation. Moreover, the high-tech design prevents power depletion regardless of how the user enjoys it. Featuring eight distinct pleasure settings, this toy can provide a customized experience for hours when used properly.
What Comes in the Box?
Despite the LELO SONA Cruise’s innovative design, the innards of the box are rather standard. In addition, the appearance of the packaging leaves much to be desired – very commercial looking and deficient in appeal. However, what the box lacks in attractiveness it makes up for in contents:
- The pink LELO SONA Cruise Sonic Clitoral Massager
- A standard USB charging cable
- A patent leather storage pouch
- An instruction manual
- Registration card
The manufacturer advises users to register their toys to activate the limited 1-year warranty that comes with the SONA Sonic. Although the device is relatively durable and well-made, it’s always recommended to take advantage of such features just in case the device is faulty in some way. While most customers have had good things to say about this toy, the possibility of it malfunctioning is just as likely as it is with traditional toys.
The cruise control option is what really sets apart the Sona Cruise, from the standard Sona. If you’ve used Lelo products before, I’m sure you know about the special SenseTouch technology. To explain further, it’s a control you can set on any of the Insignia line toys from Lelo that makes it so when you’re using your vibrator, as you increase the pressure you apply to the toy on your body, the vibration will also increase. So, the harder you push the toy into you, the more intense the vibrations will get.
The idea is quite genius, the actual effect of the toy – not so much. While they had nothing but good intentions, a lot of people complained that while you put pressure on the toy, it actually sometimes did the opposite and would lose power. Unfortunately this isn’t only a Lelo problem, it happens with a lot of the vibrators on the market. As you press toys harder against you it has to use more power to create the same strong vibration. So, as your toy loses power, the vibrations won’t be as strong.
Luckily Lelo came up with a solution, adding the cruise control feature to the Lelo Sona Cruise. What this means to you is that it saves 20% of the full battery power while in use. This benefits you because when your toy starts to lose power, and you press it harder against your body, the Sona Cruise will unleash the 20% of power being saved to keep the vibrations consistent and strong throughout the experience.
It’s completely automatic, so you don’t have to worry about clicking a button to make it work while trying to “stay in the mood”. Gone are the days of having to worry about not reaching orgasm because of batteries dying, setting this sex toy apart from its predecessors.
- Zero Touching Required – The sonic pulses allow for instant and intense pleasure without having to touch the toy to the vagina or clitoris.
- Cruise Control – Controls speed so that you don’t lose power, no matter how hard you press.
- All Inclusive Pleasure – The penetrating pulses stimulate the entire clitoral area, both internally and externally.
- Safety First – Comprised of skin-safe silicone that is 100% latex and phthalate free.
- Squeaky Clean – Because there is no touching required to enjoy clitoral stimulation, using the LELO SONA Cruise is much more hygienic than the standard sex toy.
- Long-Lasting – The SONA maintains it power very effectively regardless of whether the sonic pulses are used or its pressed against the body like a traditional toy.
- Plenty of Pleasure – With 8 individual pleasure settings ranging from gentle to intense, it’s easy to tailor the experience to your exact desires.
- The Sonic Difference – The sonic pulses provide a much more intense feeling than standard vibrations do.
- Stamina Training – Due to the intensity of the sensations provided, women can use this toy to increase their sexual stamina when it’s enjoyed on a regular basis.
- Waterproof – Despite the high-tech design, the Lelo Sona Cruise can be used in the bath or shower without harming the integrity of the motor.
- Rechargeable – The battery can be easily recharged in approximately 1-2 hours using a standard USB cable.
- Whisper Quiet – As a highly powerful massager that creates intense sensations, it operates in a nearly silent manner no matter what pleasure setting is used.
- Easy to Maintain – With no contact needed and a fully enclosed silicone casing, cleaning and maintaining this toy is a no-brainer.
- Backed by a Guarantee – Comes with a 1-year limited warranty and a 10-year pleasure guarantee if it’s registered with the manufacturer on time.
- Sensitivity Issues – For those who have an overly sensitive clitoris, the LELO SONA Cruise may not be the ideal toy.
- Power Outage – Although the toy does not lose power when used in different ways, the battery dies rather quickly when compared to other vibrators on the market.
NOTE: This issue is especially true when the device is used without first charging the battery fully before use.
- Short Battery Life – The device needs to be hooked back up to the USB charger after only about 2-3 hours of use.
- Hands-On Operation Only – The toy must be operated manually, which means there is no hands-free option or remote control available.
- Mobility Mishap – Because of the extremely compact design of the toy, those who have mobility issues may not be able to use it as intended.
- Need Vibration – If you need a lot of stronger vibrations to bring you to orgasm, this might not be the massager for you.
- Costly – Compared to similar clitoral stimulating devices on the market, the LELO SONA is somewhat costly.
USAGE TIPS AND TRICKS
Always play with your sex toys responsibly. To get the most out of your purchase, follow these simple tips and tricks when using your LELO SONA Cruise:
- Keep it stored in the included pouch at room temperature to prevent unnecessary damage.
- Regardless of whether skin contact is made or not, always clean the device thoroughly after each use to maintain the integrity of the silicone.
- Always charge the battery fully before turning it on.
- Return the device to the charger after every session to prepare it for the next round.
- Reduce wear and tear by using a gentle, hypoallergenic cleanser such as a mild soap and warm water.
The Final Verdict
Overall, the Lelo SONA Cruise is a solid massager with loads of pleasurable potential, regardless of its short list of cons and limitations. To make it work better, the manufacturer suggests using a good water-based lubricant because it creates a seal between the body and the toy which increased the strength of the sonic pulses. Because no direct contact is needed to enjoy the sensations provided, the toy can be used to generate numerous orgasms without chaffing or discomfort. That’s something that is unprecedented in the industry and certainly welcomed by women everywhere.
Compact and lightweight, the toy is ideal for women on the go, not to mention those who want to keep their sexual habits a secret. As a discreet, high-powered device with plenty of power, the LELO SONA Cruise Sonic Clitoral Massager leaves little to be desired in terms of pleasure and convenience.
Suction is the new vibration in the sex toy market. Heavy testing, and thorough research has brought to light the ways to get women off, without worrying about desensitization. With the variety of different massagers coming to the market, we were excited to see Lelo come out with a toy with this revolutionary technology, for the simple fact that they tend to know how to get things right.
After years, they are still a leading company in the sex toy industry. With their new designs, and the way they tend to always be one step ahead when it comes to taking new toys on the market, significantly improving them, and putting an all around better product back on the shelves – it’s no surprise they’re the ones to look out for.